Carlisle Adventist College began 60 years ago in the Mackay region. It was started because our community believed the good of the School would be enhanced by close co-operation between the students, their parents and the teachers of the school.
Carlisle Adventist Christian College values parental involvement in whatever form it can take. One way to become involved in the School and make a major contribution to its ongoing development is through the active and friendly Parents’ and Friends’ Committee (P and F). The P and F meets monthly on Mondays.
The P & F Committee encourages social interaction, improved communication and fund raising. It meets monthly to:
- organise fundraising to support School projects
- provide events which encourage participation and social contact
- act as a channel of communication between parents and the School
- help link parents with other parents
- provide useful services and information to parents such as regionally based Link Groups, the School Calendar, Second Hand Uniform Shop, catering for some events and information to current and prospective parents.