The Carlisle Early Learning Centre is a play-based environment that delivers age appropriate programs in keeping with the Early Years Learning Framework. We believe in providing a safe and supportive space for learning indoors as well as outdoors, and through individual, large group and small group interactions.
ELC believe that relationships matter. As a partner in your child’s development, we welcome parental involvement and feedback. We are enthusiastic about sharing their learning and development with you. When you pick your child up at the end of the day, you will see photos and a summary of the day’s activities, so that you too, have a window into their ELC experiences. Using this knowledge, you are able to contribute to their developmental journey.
Early Years Learning Links
A child is never too young to develop a love of learning. Below are some tools to help you child begin their education journey, together with some information you, as carers, may find beneficial in readying your child for their transition to Carlisle Early Learning Centre.
- Qld Department of Education and Communities, Early Childhood Directorate (DECS) – www.deta.qld.gov.au/earlychildhood
- NSW Commission for Children and Young People (child protection) – www.qfcc.qld.gov.au
- Keep them safe (child protection) – www.kidsafeqld.com.au
- Cancer Council (sun protection) – www.cancercouncil.com.au
- Qld Health (immunisation / infection control) – www.health.qld.gov.au
- Kids and Traffic – www.kidsandtraffic.mq.edu.au
- Sids and Kids (safe sleeping) – www.sidsandkids.org
- Kidsafe (safe playgrounds and equipment) – www.kidsafeqld.com.au
- Sanitarium Health Food Company (Healthy food ideas) – www.sanitarium.com.au
- Seventh-day Adventist Church (what Adventists believe) – www.adventist.org.au/fundamental-beliefs
- Australian Early Childhood Code of Ethics (Code of Conduct) – www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au/our-publications/eca-code-ethics
- Parenting information – www.parentlink.act.gov.au
- Raising Children – www.raisingchildren.net.au
- Craft experience – Sensory – www.learnplayimagine.com
- Reading eggs
ELC Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The Carlisle Adventist Early Learning Centre is open Monday to Friday 7.30am to 5.30pm.
We are open for normal trading during school holidays, but are closed on public holidays. The exception to this rule is a two-week break over the Christmas holiday period.
An example of a daily routine at Carlisle ELC is listed here. You will see that our children share their time between indoor and our activities. The children experience individually-lead play and group activities. By doing this, the children are able to stimulate their independence and creativity through self-guided exploration but during group times, our quality educators ensure the children are meeting the needs of the Early Learnings Years Framework.
The Carlisle Early Learning Centre opened in February 2017. The learning areas, play areas and shade areas are all purpose-built to enhance creative growth, encourage exploration and enable safe interaction.
The Carlisle ELC is divided into two rooms: Possums and Kangaroos.
Possums is for children aged 2 years to 3 1/2 years.
Kangaroos is for children aged 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 years.
Each room has a hands-on, play based curriculum following the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline. The programs are delivered by qualified, dedicated and creative early childhood educators. Children are encouraged to be involved and collaborate their learning experiences through exploration and experimentation. Each of the children’s individual interests are tailored to the program to keep them eager to learn.
Children who are enrolled in the Kangaroos program will also experience the Ready-Set-Prep program.
Come and see why our customers think that Carlisle ELC is more like a family than an institution.
And, stay tuned to our announcements for the launch of the new Carlisle Early Learning Centre website where you can find all the information about timetables, enrolments, programs and more.